Dr. Vidya Nair Chaudhry
Dr. Vidya Nair Chaudhry did her extensive ophthalmology training at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She then went on to become a Diplomate at the National Board. She is also a fellow at the International Council of Ophthalmology. She is a regular speaker at various conferences and an author of numerous international peer-reviewed articles and books. She has worked at two state of the art eye hospitals in India and is the training head of ophthalmology at Aakash Healthcare.
After the world renowned ophthalmology training at AIIMS, Dr. Vidya Nair Chaudhry has been providing cutting edge ophthalmology treatment since 2008. She has a way with kids and has a special interest in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Squint, Oculoplasty and Facial Aesthetics. She has performed over 500 complex squint and oculoplasty cases and is adept in restoring face rejuvenation using fillers and Botox. She was awarded the International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus which she completed at the prestigious Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University, USA. She is also adept in the management of cataract, glaucoma, neurophthalmological and medical retinal disorders.
Key Specializations and Expertise
- 2004 M.B.B.S. , Coimbatore Medical College
- 2007 M.D. Ophthalmology, A.I.I.M.S, New Delhi
- 2008 F.I.C.O., California, U.S.A.
- 2008 D.N.B., National Board of Examination
- 2017 Fellowship in "Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus" Wilmer Eye Institute, JohnsHopkins University, USA
Awards & Accomplishments
- Kumar DA, Agarwal A, Nair V, Jacob S, Prakash G, Agarwal A. Rotational lamellar scleral flap for the management of post-trabeculectomy bleb leak. Eye Contact Lens. 2013 Jul;39(4):e21-4.
- Jacob S, Nair V, Prakash G, Ashok Kumar D, Agarwal A, Agarwal A. Turnaround technique for intrastromal corneal ring implantation in eyes with false channel dissection. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010 Aug;36(8):1253-60.
- Jacob S, Prakash G, Ashok Kumar D, Nair V, Agarwal A, Agarwal A. Anterior segment transplantation with a novel biosynthetic graft. Eye Contact Lens. 2010 Mar;36(2):130-6.
- Agarwal A, Kumar DA, Nair V. Cataract surgery in the setting of trauma. CurrOpinOphthalmol. 2010 Jan;21(1):65-70.
- Agarwal A, Brubaker JW, Mamalis N, Kumar DA, Jacob S, Chinnamuthu S, Nair V, Prakash G, Meduri A, Agarwal A. Femtosecond-assisted lamellar keratoplasty in atypical Avellino corneal dystrophy of Indian origin. Eye Contact Lens. 2009 Sep;35(5):272-4.
- Nair V, Kumar DA, Prakash G, Jacob S, Agarwal A, Agarwal A. Bilateral spontaneous in-the-bag anterior subluxation of PCIOL managed with glued IOL technique: A case report. Eye Contact Lens. 2009 Jul;35(4):215-7.
- Soosan J, Agarwal A, Nair V, Karnati S, Kumar DA, Prakash G. Comparison of Outcomes of Suprabrow Single-Stab and 3-Stab Incision Frontalis Sling Surgery. Asia-Pacific Journal of Ophthalmology. 1(2):91-96, March/April 2012.
- Gupta S, Bhaskar PK, Bhardwaj R, Chandra A, Chaudhry VN, Chaudhry P, Ali A, Mukherjee A, Mutsuddi M. MTHFR C677T Predisposes to POAG but Not to PACG in a North Indian Population: A Case Control Study. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 23;9(7):e103063.
- Jacob S, Agarwal A, Chaudhry P, Narasimhan S, Chaudhry VN. A new clinic-tomographic classification and management algorithm for Descemet’s membrane detachment. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015 Oct;38(5):327-33.
- Gupta S, Pathak E, Chaudhry VN, Chaudhry P, Mishra R, Chandra A, Mukherjee A, Matsuddi M. A novel mutation in FRMD 7 causes X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a North Indian family. Neurosci Lett 2015 June;597:170-5.
- Gupta S, Chaurasia A, Pathak E, Mishra R, Chaudhry VN, Chaudhry P, Mukherjee A, Mutsuddi M. Whole exome sequencing unveils frameshift mutation in CNGB3 for cone dystrophy: A case report of an Indian family. Medicine (Baltimore) 2017 Jul;96(30):e7490.doi:10.1097/MD.0000000000007490.
- AWARDS Joint recipient of “Junior Resident of the year (2007)” award in Dr R P Center, A.I.I.M.S