Dr. Prashaant Chaudhry
Dr. Prashaant Chaudhry did his MBBS and rigorous Ophthalmology training at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences. He is also a Fellow at the International Council of Ophthalmology and has international exposure at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami. He is a regular speaker at various National conferences and an author of numerous international peer reviewed articles and books. He has worked at two state of the art Eye Hospitals in India and has quickly moved from a junior consultant to Head of Department position. He has an eye for research and innovation and is leading many such projects.
After world-renowned ophthalmology training at AIIMS, Dr.Prashaant Chaudhry has been providing cutting edge ophthalmology treatment since 2008. He has special interests in Corneal diseases, corneal transplantation and Refractive surgery (SMILE, LASIK, PRK, ICL, INTACS etc) and has performed over 500 corneal transplants of all types and over 5000 laser vision correction procedures. He has experience in training national and international eye doctors into LASIK, SMILE and corneal transplantation. He is also adept in the management of cataract, glaucoma, neurophthalmological and medical retinal disorders having performed over 10,000 cataract surgeries and 2,000 retinal laser procedures. He has special expertise in glued IOL cataract surgery and Ahmad Glaucoma Valve implantation glaucoma surgery.
Key Specializations and Expertise
- M.B.B.S. A.I.I.M.S.
- M.D. Ophthalmology A.I.I.M.S
- F.I.C.O. California, U.S.A.
- Observership Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami
Awards & Accomplishments
Academic Achievements He is an author of the following publications:
- Chaudhry P, Prakash G, Agarwal A, Mazhari AI, Kumar DA, Agarwal A, Jacob S. Endothelial cell loss associated with diffuse lamellar keratitis because of laser-assisted in situ keratomileusis. Eye Contact Lens. 2012 Jul;38(4):263-5.
- Chaudhry P, Prakash G, Jacob S, Narasimhan S, Agarwal S, Agarwal A. Safety and efficacy of gas-forced infusion (air pump) in coaxial phacoemulsification. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2010 Dec;36(12):2139-45.
- Prakash G, Agarwal A, Jacob S, Kumar DA, Chaudhary P, Agarwal A. Femtosecond-assisted descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty with fibrin glue-assisted sutureless posterior chamber lens implantation. Cornea. 2010 Nov;29(11):1315-9.
- Gupta S, Bhaskar PK, Bhardwaj R, Chandra A, Chaudhry VN, Chaudhry P, Ali A, Mukherjee A, Mutsuddi M. MTHFR C677T Predisposes to POAG but Not to PACG in a North Indian Population: A Case Control Study. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 23;9(7):e103063. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0103063. eCollection 2014.
- Jacob S, Agarwal A, Chaudhry P, Narasimhan S, Chaudhry VN. A new clinic-tomographic classification and management algorithm for Descemet’s membrane detachment. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015 Apr S1367-0484(15)00051-X
- Gupta S, Pathak E, Chaudhry VN, Chaudhry P, Mishra R, Chandra A, Mukherjee A, Matsuddi M. A novel mutation in FRMD 7 causes X-linked idiopathic congenital nystagmus in a North Indian family. Neurosci Lett 2015 June;597:170-5.
In addition, he is a contributing author to many books including Microincision cataract surgery: The art and science (Slack Inc), Video Atlas of Advanced Ophthalmic surgeries (Slack Inc), Objectively Structured Clinical Exam (Osce) in Ophthalmology (Jaypee brothers, 2009) etc.
He is also a regular speaker at various National Conferences including Delhi Ophthalmic Society, All India Ophthalmic society, Indian Intraocular Implant and Refractive Society, Haryana Ophthalmic Society, Varanasi Ophthalmic Society and Ophthalmology A to Z. AWARDS Joint recipient of “Junior Resident of the year (2007)” award in Dr R P Center, A.I.I.M.S