Neurology & Neurosurgery (Brain & Spine)
The Department of Neurology at Aakash Healthcare offers all neurology services round the clock, including OPD and IPD services. The department is headed by Dr. Madhukar Bhardwaj who is a senior neurologist, from Army Hospital Research and Referral, New Delhi. Dr. Madhukar has been awarded the prestigious presidential all India gold medal in Neurology. He is an ever smiling, easily approachable, experienced and a talented neurologist. The department offers treatment for all neurological disorders; Acute stroke, Epilepsy, Movement disorders, Peripheral neuropathy, Botox therapy and Migraine treatment.
The neurology department has a fully dedicated and functional electrophysiology laboratory where all neurophysiological testes including NCV, EMG, Evoked potentials, EEGm long term and ambulatory EEG, etc and done by three trained and experienced technicians who are available, round the clock for all electrophysiology services. The department is fully equipped, round the clock. Most challenging neurological interventions are done by Dr. Amit Aslam who is available round the clock, is an experienced interventional radiologist and specialities in all neuro interventions including AVF, Aneurysms, CAS, Mechanical Thrombectomy, etc.
The Department of Neuro Sciences at Aakash Healthcare Super Speciality Hospital is a combination of path breaking technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure and highly experienced neurosurgeons and best neurology doctor. Our experts provide consultation for the simplest neurological problems to the most complex neurological disorders and diseases. The department of Neurosurgery has a dedicated state-of-the-art operating room with endoscopes and microscopes that augment surgical precision to perform complex neuro and spine surgeries, namely Brain Tumors Surgery, Skull Base Surgery, Endoscopy Brain Surgery, Spinal Surgery with Implants and Microscopic Lumbar Discectomy.
Key Medical Procedure/Services
Management of Epilepsy Movement Disorders
Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease and sleep disorders
Given to relieve tight muscles in post stroke spasticity and cerebral palsy, refractory Migraine, hemifacial spasm and blepharospasm and cervical dystonia
Nerve and muscle disorders; usually present the abnormal sensations in limbs with or without muscular weakness
Done for epilepsy: Diagnosis of seizures, their localisation, non-convulsive seizures that present with behavioural abnormalities, drowsiness.Evoked potentials: VEP, SSEP, BEAR: Done for demyelinating disorders of brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves
Done to diagnose myasthenia gravis which mainly presents with datigable muscle Weakness Autonomic Nervous System testing: For autonomic neuropathy which presents with postural giddiness, abnormal sweating, light headedness and abdominal bloating Short and Long exercise testing: For channelopathies - Paroxysmal neurological symptoms of varies presentation.
Brain Surgical Services
- •Microneurosurgery for brain tumours- Awake Craniotomy for Gliomas, Supratentorial Tumors, Brain Tumors of Eloquent Cortex, MicroNeurosurgery for Gliomas, Meningiomas and other Supratentorial tumors like Low Grade Glioma, Glioblastoma Multoforme - GBM, Astrocytoma, Oligodendroglioma, Gliomatosis cerebri, Posterior Fossa Tumors & Infratentorial Brain Tumors Brain Stem Gliomas, Acoustic Schwannommas, Cerebello Pontine Angle Tumors, Pilocytic Astrocytoma, Clival Meningioma, Petroclival meningioma, Petrous meningioma, Tentorial meningioma, Foramen magnum Meningioma, Jugular fossa Meningioma.
- •Neurosurgery for Microvascular Decompression (MVD for Trigeminal Neuralgia).
Spine Surgical Services
- •Neurosurgery for Complex Spinal Surgeries for Degenerative spine like Spondylolisthesis, Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc - PIVD, Spinal Instrumentation.
- •Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery (MISS).
- •Microscopic surgery for all Spinal Tumors.
- •Neurosurgery for Spinal AVM & AV Fistula.
- •Microscopic surgery for Arnold Chiari malformation (ACM) & Cranio Vertebral Junction (CVJ) Abnormalities, transoral Odontoidectomy, C1 C2 fixation, occipito- cervical fixation, DCR.
- •Microscopic surgery for Myelocoele, Myelomeningocoele, Lipomeningocoele & Tethered Cord Syndrome.
Endovascular Neurosurgery/Interventional Neuroradiology in Cath Lab
- •Digital Substraction Angiography (Cerebral DSA & Spinal DSA), vasculitis, Moya Moya Disease
- •Coiling of Aneurysm, ICA, ACOM, ACA, MCA, PCOM, PICA, Vertebral artery
- •Carotid Stenting, Flow diverter, Intracranial stenting.
- •Embolisation for Brain Tumors & Embolisation of AVMs
- •Embolisation for carotico-cavernous fistula, dAVF, epistaxis.
- •Mechanical Thrombectomy for Ischemic Stroke.
- •Pediatric brain tumors
- •Brain abscess excision, drainage, management of meningitis, TBM
- •Pediatric spine surgery including deformity correction, Tethered Cord Sydrome, Meningomyelocele, lipomeningomyelocele,
- •spinal tumors Craniosynostosis, Hydrocephalous, Shunt surgery, Endoscopic third ventriculostomy.
Endoscopic and Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery
- •Endoscopic/ Microscopic TNTS for Pituitary Adenomas
- •Endoscopic repair of CSF Rhinorrhea repair
- •Endoscopic Spine Surgery.
Neurocritical Services in Neuro ICU
- •Postoperative Management of Complex Brain & Spinal surgeries.
- •Management of Brain trauma & Spinal trauma (Conservative & Surgical).
- •Management of Acute stroke (Ischemic Stroke & Hemorrhagic Stroke).
- •Management of Brain Infection & Meningitis (Bacterial, Tubercular & Viral).
- •Management of Myasthenia Gravis.
- •Management of Gullian Barre syndrome (GBS).
- •Management of Status Epilepticus & Seizure disorders.
- •Management of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage associated Vasospasm (Delayed Ischemic Neurological Deficit - DIND).
- •Insertion of Invasive lines (Central Venous Pressure - CVP & Arterial) and their Monitoring & Assessment.
•Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for Trigeminal Neuralgia.
•Balloon Kyphoplasty, Vertebroplasty, Facet Joint Block, Median Branch Block & Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy.
•Cervical Epidural Injection.
•Radifrequency Ablation (RFA).
Senior Consultant & HOD
What Our Patients Say
I am extremely thankful for diagnosis done by Dr. Madhukar Bhardwaj. His approach towards patient is extremely helpful. Again thanks as diagnosis is done in right direction.