Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
It is a well-known fact that Cardiac Surgery has excellent long-term survival benefits. However with conventional approach (Midline Chest Incision) there’s a little higher morbidity stay of hospital stay and post operative recovery.
Opening the chest in the midline is the most invasive part of conventional Cardiac Surgery. With advancements in the field of Minimally Access Surgery, it is now possible to use this technique in most Cardiac Operations like CABG and all Valve Surgeries. Cardiac Surgeries can be performed through small incisions on either side of the chest. This avoids both midline incision and the morbidity associated with it. At Aakash Superspeciality Hospital, we perform almost all types of adult and Cardiac Operations using Minimally Invasive Cardiac Technique (MICS). In fact, the Minimally Invasive approach is not only restricted to adults but has also been used in pediatric cases as well.
The advantages of MICS include:
- Small incision on the sides of the chest.
- Less Pain.
- Less risk of infection.
- Reduced ICU and shorter hospital stay (4 to 5 days).
- Good post operative pulmonary functions.
- Early recovery.
- Improved cosmetic results (small scar practically not visible on skin crease/ under the breast).
- Improved quality of life.