Vascular & Endo-vascular Surgery
WHAT IS THE PROPOSED PROCEDURE?
Vascular surgery is a surgical subspeciality in which diseases of the vascular system, or arteries and veins, are managed by medical therapy, minimally-invasive catheter procedures, and surgical reconstruction.
WHY DO I NEED THIS PROCEDURE?
Vascular surgery is required whenever there is a problem related to blood vessels like blockage, clots or any kind of dysfunction which in general reduces or increases the blood low to any limb and/or organ(s) of the body.
HOW WILL IT BE PERFORMED?
Vascular procedure can also be done with the help of a catheter where we can either clean the artery or by surgery where we bypass the blocked artery using an arti icial tube.
Vascular procedure may also involve the dilatation and/ or placement of stent under angiography guidance. Vascular surgery may require full anesthesia or most of the time it is done in regional anesthesia of mild sedation. In case of varicose veins the procedure is done with laser/RFA either in mild sedation or regional anesthesia.
HOW WILL IT BENEFIT ME?
Vascular surgery intends to remove/ repair the obstruction/ narrowing in the vessels of the body. This helps in restoring the normal blood low in the limb/ organ of the body which in turn restores the function of the limb/ organ.
WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF NON TREATMENT?
Non treatment could lead to loss of limb/ part of limb and or loss of function of the limb.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS/ COMPLICATIONS OF THE PROCEDURE?
Less than 1% risk of life in major vascular procedures. 1% risk of loss of limb/ part of limb function/ bluish black discoloration of limb or part of limb. 1% risk of contrast include kidney dysfunction and/ failure.
- Coronary arteries bypass graft surgery.
- Off pump bypass surgery without using bypass
- Valve surgeries.
- Maize procedure.
- Bentall Procedure, root replacement, Aortic surgeries including dissection
- All Thoracic procedures Lobectomies, Pneumonectomy, segmental resection, biopsies,
- All Vascular procedures Aortic aneurysms surgery, Dissections, Peripheral arterial bypass as well as Endovascular repairs.
- Diabetic Foot Clinic
- Endovascular Repair
- Hybrid Procedures
- Transcathter Aortic Valve Implantation(TAVI)
- Heart Failure Surgery (Left Ventricular Assist Device, ECMO, Artificial Heart Implantation)